Farfán at training with Schalke in 2008
|Full name||Jefferson Agustín Farfán Guadalupe|
|Date of birth||26 October 1984|
|Place of birth||Lima, Peru|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Current club||FC Schalke 04|
|2008–||FC Schalke 04||142||(30)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 May 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Farfán began his professional career with Alianza Lima of Peru, with whom he signed in 2001. Although he made some appearances at first-team in 2001, Farfán only began to break through in 2002, becoming an impact player and helping Alianza win the Peruvian championship in 2003.
In his final season with the club in 2004, Farfán scored 14 goals, helping the club to another Peruvian championship. Following that season he was purchased by Dutch club PSV Eindhoven after being scouted by Guus Hiddink, for a reported 2 million Euro transfer fee.
On 5 June 2008, it was reported that PSV had reached an agreement with German side Schalke 04 over the transfer of Farfán for around €10 million. On 10 June 2008, Schalke 04 officially confirmed the transfer of Farfán on a four-year deal.
On 28 April 2012, Schalke announced that Farfán had signed a contract extension, which would keep him at the club until the summer of 2016.
Farfán was an important player for the Peruvian national team. Since making his debut for the side in February 2003, he has already gained more than 40 caps. He has also contributed vital goals for PSV both domestically as well as in the UEFA Champions League which saw PSV enjoying a fine run to the semi-finals in the 2004–05 season.
Jefferson Farfán ended the South American 2006 World Cup qualifiers as the second top scorer, with seven goals.
He was suspended for 18 months from representing the national football team of Peru. But on 3 July 2008, after an investigation and a review of the facts, the suspension was changed to three months (from the date of appeal in April 2008) and $10,000. Farfan scored the winning goal in the World Cup qualifier at home to Chile on 23 March 2013.
- Peruvian League
- Torneo Apertura
- Torneo Clausura
- Winner (1): 2003
- KNVB Cup
Peru national team
- Bolivarian Games
- Winner (1): 2001
- "17 Jefferson Farfan". FC Schalke 04. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Farfan, Jefferson" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Rutten haalt met Farfán eerste aanwinst naar Schalke 04" (in Dutch). Voetbal International. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 17 August 2008.
- "PSV's Farfan joins Schalke 04". FIFA.com. 10 June 2008. Retrieved 17 August 2008.
- "Jefferson Farfan bleibt ein Schalker – Peruaner unterschreibt bis 2016" (in German). schalke04.de. 28 April 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Peru's Del Solar says he won't resign over hotel party scandal". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 17 August 2008.