Hufsky in 2007
November 13, 1986|
|Died||December 16, 2009
|Occupation||New media artist, political activist, board member of Pirate Party of Austria, student, game designer|
Florian Hufsky (b. Villach, November 13, 1986 – d. Vienna, December 16, 2009) was an Austrian new media artist, political activist, founder and former board member of the Pirate Party of Austria. He studied graphic design at the University of Applied Arts Vienna, but committed suicide before he could finish his studies.
Furthermore Hufsky was a founding member of both the Viennese branch of Graffiti Research Lab and soup.io. He also created the Super Mario derivate Super Mario War, was a member of the programming and design group "72dpiarmy" and of Vienna's hackerspace Metalab. In cooperation with Michael Zeltner he enhanced the open source laser graffiti software of the Graffiti Research Lab (GRL) in New York, and participated at the Ars Electronica Festival in Linz as well as at the 2007 DigiTaika in Helsinki.
Hufsky also organized the first international conference of the pirate parties, together with Jürgen 'Juxi' Leitner and support from Leo Findeisen and Johannes Grenzfurthner. At the PPI general assembly 2011 Rickard Falkvinge honoured Hufsky's involvement in helping to start the international movement by dedicating his closing keynote to him.
- Daniel AJ Sokolov (December 19, 2009). "Gründer der österreichischen Piratenpartei gestorben" (in German). heise online.
- Gründer der Piratenpartei Österreichs tot, ORF Futurezone, December 19, 2009.
- Super Mario War, CHIP, December 29, 2006.
- Sonja Bettel: Metalab. Platz für Innovationen, oe1.ORF.at, August 12, 2007.
- "Digitaika - Lasergraffiti 2007 Helsinki | Flickr - Photo Sharing!". Flickr. 2007-10-27. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- Ben Jones: Pirates Gather at First International Pirate Party Conference, torrentfreak, September 9, 2007.
- "International Pirate Parties Conference 2007 Wiki". Wiki.pp-international. July 10, 2007.
- Rick Falkvinge: "Why are you here?", PPI conference 2001 closing keynote, Piraten Streaming (Wolfgang Preiss), filmed March 13, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Florian Hufsky.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages