|Founder||Richard Barber & Derek Brewer|
|Country of origin||England|
|Nonfiction topics||African Studies, German Literature, German Culture, Hispanic Studies, Medical Science, Medieval History, Medieval Literature, Music|
Boydell & Brewer is an academic press based in Woodbridge, Suffolk, England that specializes in publishing historical and critical works. In addition to British and general history, the company publishes three series devoted to studies, editions, and translations of material related to the Arthurian legend. There are also series that publish studies in medieval German and French literature, Spanish theatre, early English texts, in other subjects. Depending on the subject, its books are assigned to one of several imprints in Woodbridge, Cambridge (UK), Rochester, NY. Imprints include Boydell & Brewer, D.S. Brewer, Camden House, Tamesis, and others. Rochester, NY, is also its principal North American office.
In addition to the company's four primary imprints and partners, Camden House, University of Rochester Press, James Currey, and Tamesis, Boydell & Brewer publish and distribute for the Victoria County History, the Royal Historical Society, the London Record Society and the Scottish Text Society as well as several other societies.
- Boydell & Brewer, About Us
- Emmanuel College, "Derek Brewer"
- The Guardian, "Obituary of Derek Brewer", November 17, 2008
- The Independent, "Professor Derek Brewer", November 4, 2008
- The Telegraph, "Professor Derek Brewer", November 2, 2008
- Good Reads, "Richard Barber", April 13, 2011
- Scottish Text Society
- Boydell & Brewer website This also includes links to the University of Rochester Press site, who is in partnership with Boydell & Brewer, Camden House, Tamesis Books, James Currey, and several other imprints.
|This article about an English company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|